The Twisted World of Fiber, Hooks, Needles, Wheels and Dating after Widowhood

This is my story, and I'm sticking to it. Warts and all. I wanted to call it 'Seriously? WTF?', but that doesn't quite explain it all. Or does it?

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Been a While


I have been remiss in my blogging efforts.  There has been so much going on lately, both at home and at work.  I hate being busy at work, because it cuts into my pattern searching, yarn buying, tweeting and Facebooking time.  The only thing I can’t do at work is knit.  Sigh………
Let me list the lucky streak I’ve been on in the past 6 or so weeks:

1.       20 skeins of Lana Grossa yarn through the  Jimmy Beans Wool blog.
2.       A signed copy of Knit.Sock.Love by Cookie A. through New Stitch a Day
3.       A batt of fiber from Homestead Wool and Gift Farm through KnitPurlGurl’s blog.
4.       The New Jersey Pick-3.  I hit it straight and box with numbers The BF said I should be playing.  He looks this crap up, not me.
5.       Hand lotion and Bath Salts from Twig & Leaf Botanicals through Vegancraftastic’s blog.
6.       A free pattern just for leaving a comment on Karen Clements blog- Knit1la
It started with a contest that was put on by New Stitch a Day.  Most people might think I’m crazy, but I have no desire to knit top down socks.  Since I now own 2 Cookie A. books, maybe I should just get over that. 
I have been knitting 2 pair of socks, a top and a jacket.  One pair of socks got put on hold because the dog had a “friend” over, I left the knitting on the couch, said dogs jumped on couch, and got tangled in the yarn.  I came back to a broken Knit Picks circ and about 100 yards of yarn wrapped around my coffee table.  They also snatched a second skein off the table, and proceeded to fuck that one all up, too.  We have 3 cats that never touch my yarn, and a dog that can’t be trusted for a second with it.  Sigh……
I also worked on a test knit.  I made a Fair Isle hat, and it came out great!  It was a Smooth Fox design called Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend.  I showed it to my son’s GF, and she said “ohhh, did you make this for me?”  Um, yes?  She promptly took the hat with her and left.  o.0  Now Fair Isle is my new obsession.  The socks have been abandoned (again).  I am now working on a headband with my Lorna’s Laces Green Line DK in the colorway Black Purl, and a bunch of purple Cascade 220.  The background is in the LL & the design (Deathflake) is in the Cascade.  I can’t wait to finish this!  Especially since it’s almost Summer!  I will totally misplace it before the Winter comes.

1 comment:

  1. What a coincidence, Sandy from Homestead Wool & Gift Farm is a good friend of mine! I used to carry her yarn when I had a shop, LOVE her handspun! Here's to continuous good luck!

    ReplyDelete