The Twisted World of Fiber, Hooks, Needles, Wheels and Dating after Widowhood

This is my story, and I'm sticking to it. Warts and all. I wanted to call it 'Seriously? WTF?', but that doesn't quite explain it all. Or does it?

Monday, November 15, 2010

A Case of the Blahs


Since Friday, I have been hit with a case of the blahs.  I can’t seem to shake it, no matter what I do.  I went to the shore house on Friday night to do some cleaning out and fixing up.  On Saturday, I was able to shake off this feeling for a few hours by installing a tub surround and a new vinyl floor in the bathroom- all.by. myself!  (pix to follow) But by 10:00 Saturday night it was back.  I think it’s a combination of the anniversary of The Husband’s passing, The Daughter Figure being away at school for her 20th birthday, The Boy closing on his house (supposedly) next week, and not seeing The BF since last Wednesday. 
I really need to get my act together, as this is a busy week- book club tonight (don’t tell anyone, but I didn’t read the book- I don’t even know the name of it)  lol, The BF is coming tomorrow for dinner and shoe shopping (for him), and I am going to try to drag him to meet my knitting group at Starbucks, under the guise of just getting a coffee.  Bbbwwwaaaahhhhhh!!!!  On second thought, I think I’ll ask him if he is ready to meet them.  They can be more overwhelming (in a good way) than my actual family.  J On Wednesday, I have my spinning guild meeting, and I need to have 2 bobbins of something spun up so we can practice plying.  Which is a good thing, because I suck at plying.  Lolol  I may have to split something  already on bobbins to do this with.  I need to go to the grocery store, return things at Kohl’s and Old Navy, and drop off my dry cleaning.  Oh, and fold the laundry.  And clean my death-trap of a bedroom.  And find my kitchen table, which is buried under tons of papers, knitting patterns and yarn. 
I think I’ll just go home and knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment