The Twisted World of Fiber, Hooks, Needles, Wheels and Dating after Widowhood

This is my story, and I'm sticking to it. Warts and all. I wanted to call it 'Seriously? WTF?', but that doesn't quite explain it all. Or does it?

Friday, January 14, 2011

Cat Matching and stuff




            The BF’s birthday is at the beginning of April, and I thought he would love a set of Stackable Cats, since he loves his babies so much.  The Daughter Figure and I spent many days comparing cat colors to yarns, and think we came up with the perfect combos for each of the critters.  For the smallest cat – *NOTE* sizing terms are for illustrative purposes only.  Under no circumstances should anyone believe that these cats are small.  lol  Ok, for Honey, we chose Knit Picks City Tweed HW in Orca. 




For the middle cat, Wicket, I am using Knit Picks Shimmer in Spice and KP Merino Style in Fedora.  Since the Shimmer is lace weight, I will hold 2 strands together along with the Merino Style.  This should prove to be endless fun on dpns. 





For the big ,Willow, all 30 pounds of him, I am using KP Telemark in black (duh) and Crystal Palace Mini Solid in Walnut Brown held together. 



            I have been working on a sweater coat for me.  Yeah, me!  lol  The pattern is Anise from Sarah Hatton for Rowan.  I have added a few centimeters to the length because I want to make sure it covers at least half of my ass.  I am almost finished with the back.  I’m not sure if I will make both fronts at the same time.  I am usually ok with doing that, as long as I separate them before I start any decreases.  Not doing that would make my head explode.  I am using Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick-n-Quick in denim because I want to be able to just toss it in the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment