The Twisted World of Fiber, Hooks, Needles, Wheels and Dating after Widowhood

This is my story, and I'm sticking to it. Warts and all. I wanted to call it 'Seriously? WTF?', but that doesn't quite explain it all. Or does it?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thinking, not Doing


        I have been thinking about writing every day since my last post, but I haven’t down and actually done it.  I have been busy at work- the bad weather causes havoc in my department, and I just have to hold on for the ride.  It is very stressful sometimes, especially when problems crop up out of the blue and smack you upside the head.  It’s the worst when I’m very busy on Facebook or Ravelry, and I don’t have time for this work crap.  lolol  

        I am still knitting the stackable cats.  And knitting.  And knitting.  Stockinette, anyone?  The first one took what seemed like 2 seconds to knit.  It was very quick.  The 2nd one, not so much.  I was under the impression delusion that I might be able to get them done for Valentine’s Day, but I think I will go back to the original plan, which is finishing them by the beginning of April.  The cats are a surprise for The BF, but he keeps putting his 2 cents in every time he looks at my computer while I’m on Ravelry.  He saw the Huggable Hedgehog pattern, and promptly lost it.  “Awww, they’re so cute!  I neeeeeeeeeeeed one!  I can strap it in my back seat!  Can you make a smaller one to hang from my mirror?”  Sheesh!  He’s worse than The Daughter Figure.  lol  

        And, God help me, I have been sewing again.  I moved my table and machine down to the main floor, along with all my knitting book, yarn, needles, fabric, blah, blah blah.  I brought my grandmother’s really cool foldable dining room table up from the basement.  I can open just one side and it is perfect for laying out and cutting patterns.  Have you heard of a work triangle for your kitchen?  Well, I have one in my craft room.  lol Sewing machine, cutting table, ironing board.  All accessible on a rolling chair.  How lazy cool is that?

        Later today or tomorrow I will post pictures of the bag I made and the dpn cases I whittled out of fabric.  I forgot how much I love to sew, and it is so much nicer to have it all at my fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment