The Twisted World of Fiber, Hooks, Needles, Wheels and Dating after Widowhood

This is my story, and I'm sticking to it. Warts and all. I wanted to call it 'Seriously? WTF?', but that doesn't quite explain it all. Or does it?

Sunday, October 3, 2010

can't sleep


I can’t sleep, so here I am blogging away.  It is 2:48am.  I can’t knit anymore, because my fingers are begging me to stop.  I felt my sinuses clogging up, so I took some cold pills, with a large coffee- at 9:30pm.  I’m 48.  When the hell am I gonna learn not to do stupid shit like that?  Now I’m waiting for the Lorazepam to kick in.  My body is tired but my brain is going a million miles an hour. 
I cast on the sleeves for the minimalist (yes, I know you’re tired of reading about it.  I am tired of knitting it), 2 at a time on one needle.  I am doing the flat so I didn’t have to do a magic loop, and thinking about the decreases in the round made me nervous.  The ribbing is done, and I have about 1.5 inches of the moss stitch completed.  Woo hoo!  12.5 freaking inches to go, THEN I start decreasing for something like 28 rows.  The end is in sight!  Sort of………………..  I will block the back and front tomorrow. Give them a nice soak in Eucalan and pin them on my blocking board.  I would do it now since I’m not sleeping, but I can’t see the damned numbers on the schematic, or whatever it’s called.
I swear to God, the next thing I cast on is going to be on size 13 or 15 needles, and no fiddly stitches.  Stockinette, baby!  Stockinette! And I have the perfect pattern and yarn.  It will be the Thick-and-Thin Cardigan Coat made with Lorna’s Laces Revelation Multi.  I just need a yarn for the trim, and I don’t want wool.  Can’t have wool that tight on my wrists and rubbing the back of my neck.  This is going to take some doing to get something that will hold up to the wear the wrist ribbing will get.  Hmmmm…….

No comments:

Post a Comment