The Twisted World of Fiber, Hooks, Needles, Wheels and Dating after Widowhood

This is my story, and I'm sticking to it. Warts and all. I wanted to call it 'Seriously? WTF?', but that doesn't quite explain it all. Or does it?

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend Happenings

The Daughter Figure was home from college this weekend.  It was the first time she drove from Massachusetts to NJ & back by herself.  She managed to only get lost once each way.  She left her gps in the dorm room.  Good place for it.  She also ran her right side mirror into a construction cone and busted the glass out of it.  Apparently, side view mirrors are highly over-rated.  LOL  I had a nice dinner at Outback with her and The Boy.  No bf’s or gf’s- just the three of us.  Our waiter had the coolest Henry Rollins Black Flag tattoo on his inner arm.

We spent a good part of the weekend watching college football- well, I watched the Michigan game with them.  Then I watched a bunch of episodes of No Reservations that were on the Tivo. One can never get too much Tony Bourdain, as far as I’m concerned.

On Sunday, we went back to one of the houses that The Boy is really interested in buying.  It has mold in the basement, and I wanted to see if there was any water down that after all the rain we just had.  I talked him into looking at another house that was just around the corner from that one, and it’s a good thing I did. It is much bigger, has a bigger yard, a sun porch and no mold in the basement.  Did I mention that The Boy has major mold allergies- think ambulance rides and Epi-pens.  Not good.  We are waiting to hear from the realtor if there is a disclosure on the house.  She is also feeling out the selling realtor about price, etc.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

After The Daughter Figure left to drive back to Massachusetts, I watched the Eagles/Redskins game.  The Skins kicked ass.  Moreover, Donovan McNabb is The Hotness.  He can throw a football and run, too.

Oh, I have about 5.5 inches done on my sleeves.  The Lorna's Laces Revelation in the Pilsen colorway is sitting on my computer table begging to be wound into a cake and cast onto some needles.  I am resisting the temptation about as well as a crackhead can ignore his pipe.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment